Arc is an artist residency situated in the village Romainmôtier, in the mountain range in Switzerland. It is a place for reflection and dialogue that allows exchange and collaboration in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Artists and experts from different backgrounds are invited to the place over time, become true accomplices, cultivate their ideas, take their work forward, and develop a curiosity for new discoveries through shared activities.
Custom-made residencies are periods of one month for research and reflection, without the pressure of production.
A custom-made “package" is put together for each artist (or other practitioner) or group of artists. There can be an individual accompaniment by external specialists if required for the artistic work process.
Artists are encouraged to apply with an idea for research and to engage with experts from other disciplines, as this practical and productive process allows them to widen both their networks and their fields of investigation.
Besides the work space and the above-mentioned support, Arc offers travel, accommodation and food for custom-made residencies.
How to apply:
- Fill in the custom-made application form
and send it along with a recent CV (only one pdf file / maximum 2 MB), a portfolio/documentation (only one pdf file maximum 5 pages / maximum 8 MB) to info(at)arc-artistresidency.ch
- For videos or audio, please provide links to your own website, Vimeo page, YouTube page, etc. Do not attach video or audio files.
- Deadline for application: no later than 2 months before the starting date of your residency.
- We accept applications for 2019 only as from 1st
- Incomplete application forms will not be accepted!